Education and Experience
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, acquisition management, accounting, business administration, economics, or finance.
- At least 6 years within the past 10 years hands-on work as a contract specialist / contracting officer on federal government contracts, particularly in services and construction/facilities contracting. Requires experience in:
- Pre-award contracting functions and artifact development supporting solicitations.
- Experience with awards, negotiations, and review of post-award contracting artifacts and deliverables.
- Experience with fixed-price, cost-reimbursement, or a combination of contracting methods.
- Experience conducting negotiations during the procurement process; experience performing post-award functions and price/cost analysis
- Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting Program or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Level II or III Certification in Contracting or equivalent preferable.
- Must possess experience in federal acquisition methods and techniques and understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations and government procurement policies. Knowledge of the legislation, regulations, and methods used in contracting; and knowledge of business and industry practices, sources of supply, cost factors, and requirements characteristics required.
- Knowledge of federal methods and techniques for Grants and Cooperative Agreements preferable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, timely, and customer service oriented.
- Skills in managing and prioritizing multiple assignments with strict deadlines and ability to coordinate efforts among many offices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written). Expertise in preparing/presenting information/data via oral briefing(s) and/or by written reports.
Clearance Requirements: This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.
Nakupuna Solutions Is Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer